Thursday, 2 January 2014

Lola Pants in Python Print

Happy January people!

I hope it's a good year for everybody and that you all get what your blogging hearts desire..
I've already been sewing and singing while I did  it. Do any of you remember this? Lola by The Kinks

My first garment of 2014 is a very easy to sew, quick to make, ideal for hot weather pattern, the Lola pant from Style Arc.

I had some python print rayon which I saved especially for Petty Grievances' Jungle January. I couldn't wait to make it up.


Lola is a simple elastic waisted pant with slant pockets, optional pocket zippers and tapered legs. The waistband has an interfaced smooth section at the centre front. I had already made the pattern up for my daughter in a knit in size twelve.  Style Arc patterns only come with one size per envelope and I had bought the 12 according to my daughter's measurements. On her it was true to size in every respect and I knew I could upgrade it to a 14 for me without too much trouble. I added 1 cm the side and inner leg seams and 4 cm to the total length of the waistband. I shortened the legs a little bit as is usual for me and that was it. 

Like any pattern it is good to measure in the flat first to check ease and fit etc. I love the drafting of these pants. The pattern will be used again and again. There is just enough ease, the style is nice, the instructions are good. I like Style Arc. The new blouse designs look very tempting. 

My python print rayon is from Lincraft.


I did not make the top. It's from Katies and has no side seams but is a stretchy tube with neck and armholes! It was a Christmas gift from a friend.

So then, that finishes my report from the jungles of Sydney. Am I the first Jungle Sewist Anne?

Happy Sewing,
Val.


14 comments:

  1. OMG - they are rock star chic. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, Valerie!
    Loving your new trousers, they are chic and comfortable, and in a fierce print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are GREAT! I love the fit and the fact that they are made of rayon. I'm tempted now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute.. Look great on you. Happy sewing 2014

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song, of course I remember it, its playing as I commen. Great pants, nice outfit. Happy new year Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great python pants and perfect way to start 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! Covet them! Can't wait to put your pic on our first cruise post saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowee! Thank you ladies. Looks like I've got a hit. Anne I look forward to seeing all the other Jungly contributions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this pattern - since it was the Nov freebie. It's good to see it sews up so nicely. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - we are python pants twins! I used the same fabric to try the Tessuti Suzy pant which is very similar in style to the SA Lola pants! The fabric is quite lovely to wear and your pants look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great trousers! Love the python print, very jungly. Your daughter's pair were awesome too. Imagine having your own seamstress... For the price of a few dinners :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are owning that look totally! Good for you ~ watch out Sydney ... J

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo hoo, very chic Val. Love that python print, and the little black top is perfect. I'm looking forward to trying Style arc patterns in 2014...P.,

    ReplyDelete
  14. rock on, Val! These are terrific!

    ReplyDelete