I had some teal linen marinating in the stash. I loved this material. Beautiful quality, medium weight and in one of my favourite colours. I'd planned to make a shirt all along but was waiting for the right pattern. Various contenders came and went and then I started on my Archer adventure here.
I got it out. I pre-washed, I cut, I sewed and of course, because the shirt meant a lot to me I made errors and unpicked and sewed again. I even recut the collar stand because the original had shifted ever so slightly off grain. The material though beautiful and springy had a life of it's own. I sort of suspect that pure linen always has a life of its own! Eventually though, I had my shirt.
I love to either fold or roll up my shirt sleeves so I made a two piece placket rather than the continuous one of the original Archer because the sleeves roll better.
To make the placket I followed instructions from Threads Sewing Guide, page 181 which I purchased during my recent sewing book buying spree. The irony is that the 'Two Piece Placket' is actually made from a single piece of material.
My modifications to the back are two little pleats rather than a centre pleat, a centre back seam and a sway back adjustment. I added the little loop when I saw one on a RTW shirt.
I did flat felled seams on the body and sleeves.
Love my Archer!